Friday, November 11, 2011

What was I doing on 11/11/11?

   

I feel like this might be one of those days where people look back and ask "where were YOU on 11/11/11?" People are so crazy as to even have their physician's deliver babies early so that they can have this birthday....True...it will not come again, so I figured, might as well try and remember it!


Well I started off the day being able to SLEEP IN! Way to go dogs! I didn't get the paw in the face until around 8:30! Kevin left for a hair cut, so i felt the need to be very productive watching television until 12:00! I don't get to do that very often, so I figured I would try and enjoy it :)

Yes, I have the most hideous paper that I have been procrastinating on for the last month now, due on Tuesday, but I just couldn't find the push today to sit down an research. Kevin bought the new game Skyrim, which I am actually really looking forward to trying to play, and while he was doing that - I was making homemade Miso soup with Korean noodles....it was superb

Miso Soup Recipe:
1 can of beef stock
Korean noodles (your choice as to thickness)
3 large Mushrooms
1/4 red onion
2 chopped green onions
2 large spoonfulls of miso seasoning
1 tablespoon of ginger

Slice mushrooms thinly
Slice red onion in wedges
Fill a quart sized pot with beef stock, red onion, mushrooms, miso seasoning and ginger
Top pot off with water (enough so that it would be full enough to boil noodles)
Keep on medium - medium/high heat for 15 minutes

Add noodles - boil for 5 more minutes

Place chopped green onions on top and serve!


Seeming it was also a perfect day at around 65 degrees - we decided to take the pups out on a nature walk around the neighborhood - which is only an awesome opportunity to pull the camera out and take some shots of where I live!

pigeons perched on a tree
Beautiful tall grasses


This tree caught my eye from the end of the street


Me and the Hubby after our walk
I loved how the sun it the edge of the leaves on this tree - it was stunning!

Another photo of Kevin and me


My favorite photo from the day, the pine tree looks like it is burning

A crazy sculpture in someone's front yard


I loved how the sun cut this tree in half


Something about these trees was very calming - there are actually three different trees in this photo


I have no idea what this, but it looks like a giraffe or something


Another one of my favorites, this tree looked highlighted by the sun

I found another one of these plants growing in someone's yard - I still have no idea what it is
A surprise among the plants

He wasn't moving, I almost wondered if he was dead


ah.....fall is here!

Here gives a picture of how beautiful and tall the trees are on my street

More of my favorite - PINE CONES!

Another view of my street...
When I came home, I was happily suprised by my pups waiting for me in the window - they were soooo excited!!!!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment