Monday, October 17, 2011

Activities with photography

The main reason for my blogging is to get myself active again, involved....no matter how minor the activity is, it is going to be more productive than couch potatoeing for a day.


I decided to run, for fun. I don't remember the last time I thought about running for the heck of it. It is like not being pressured by myself daily to lose weight has lifted pounds off my shoulders. The activities that athletes love, I find myself starting to do in less than a week...for fun... It is clear to me, that I focus too much on what I need to do, what my responsibilities are, what is expected of me, and not enough on what is good for me, and what I want to do.

Kira tackling the exercise ball
This past weekend I got so involved, I spent my time outside and loving the 70 degree weather. I found myself embracing life. My run today was exhausting, and I felt like my knees were going to collapse below me after 15 minutes and a hike up a hill, but I found myself not hating the pain, not wishing I was home, just pushing through it because it was nice to be out of the house.


Handsome Leo looking scruffy as always , but I have to say, the fish oil is working wonders with his fur!!




This afternoon, I played with my dogs. Instead of just leaving the door open all day (which also happened), I did more and interacted with them.


I brought out my exercise ball which up until now has only added to my stress, and released. I threw the ball and watched as my dogs tackled it, rolled over and it and pushed it around the yard.



I chased my dogs while interacting, and loved every minute of it. I am just glad I am realizing this now, instead of missing it when they are 10 years old!



Red berries against our privacy - also an acknowledgment that I need to remove these before my dogs eat them...eek!!!
I also took some pictures - another activity of mine I find more useful than watching television as I actually have art that I produced from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment