Friday, October 28, 2011

What to do on busy days


 For the days that I have to study, or I have work and school, it can be really difficult to be productive, or try something different because you are so busy. I have been forcing myself to play around with photoshop a little bit in order to create on those days. I take breaks between studying, and I find images on the internet (or use my own), play with filters, manipulate colors, and create new works of art. Below are some of my ideas. Check back for updates to this section.
November 5, 2011 - Inspirational Art

This image above was really inspiration to me. This quote is something I love thinking about especially with a husband that will be deploying to Afghanistan for 6 months. I interpret it as no matter where you are, you are never alone. Even when I take my walks, even when I am doing my art, or sitting in my backyard. The trees with hug my heart, they will keep me safe, they will be by my side until he returns.

I actually plan on printing this out poster size and hanging it over my bed frame.
This image is a photomanipulation of the Harry Potter Castle at universal studios. Being in the spirit of halloween and given my classes are making me stay in this year, I figured why not create a spooky image to celebrate! This involved photo manipulation with hue changes, negative space, stamp brushes of trees and water splotches, a lot of different layers and a lot of cutting and pasting! Had a lot of fun doing this one!
This one you may or may not recognize from my original picture of sesame seeds in wonton dipping sauce.  I placed all of the pictures together and it looked so much like bacteria in a petri dish. Why you would ask would I want a picture of bacteria? Well, although I am getting my masters in psychology, I received a bachelors in Animal Science, with Microbiology being one of my favorite classes! This brought back memories to me, so I gave it an effect and created something unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment