Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Nightmare, A Dream, A Fair

Kevin and me
Sara and me
The Montgomery fair was as expected, too many people...let me clarify, too many RUDE people, lots of greasy food that your body churns to, rides that make you sick to your stomach and a smell of feces that sticks to your hair, your clothes and the soles of your shoes... That would be the nightmarish part.

What is the reason we go then? A fair is the only place you can combine a circus, a wolf show, caramel apples, hot dogs, alligator meat, snow cones, funnel cakes, roller coasters, concerts, free stuff, inflatable hammers, giant banana toys, games for all ages, haunted houses, mirrored rooms, donut burgers and deep fried candy bars.. I would say that there are far more pros than cons of a fair, which is why I force myself to go whenever possible.

As we drove up!
This year was no exception. I heard horror stories about Montgomery Fair. Mostly that it was not all that great, that I would probably not like it, and not worth the 10 dollars at the door. Although I could not believe the numerous budgers who felt it entirely okay to cut in line, and the people who show ABSOLUTELY no regard for anyone but themselves, it overall was a pretty awesome experience. A wonderful day to spend with my roomie and my wonderful husband, something new (which I can never say very often about Montgomery), and can I saw FILLING!! I left the fair with a full stomach and the hiccups!


Getting ready for the fair!
My favorite memory of last night involved Kevin. Every girl loves knowing that their guy would make a wonderful dad...Kevin is by far no exception. He played this game that involved throwing a base ball towards a wall as hard as you can. Depending on how fast they clocked the ball going (he was at 71mph), you get a prize. He got an oh so useful inflatable hammer...So what does he decide to do with it? He finds one of the youngest kids he could find and gives it to him! The expression was priceless. The kid was surprised and smiling, hugging that hammer like it was the most amazing gift he had ever received. We then continued on our day. Let me tell you, that game, that good deed, that memory, was well worth the $5.00.

Below I'm including pictures from last night. :)



Ducklings!!!


I LOVE this picture
Show cattle were foaming at the mouth



I wanted to put on one of those hats!!

In line buying tickets

Looking up!

Top of the Ferris Wheel view

All of us on the Ferris Wheel

Me and my hubby

Awesome photo opp by Kevin

View from the ferris wheel

Caramel apples are a must at the fair...I had 2!


The Circus!!! Not sure how my camera did this....

Llama


"that feels goooooood....."
He's Smiling :)

Petting zoo, with signs that say warning we bite....

Snow cones without any flavoring - I LOVE shaved ice!


The memory of strawberry rides - my favorite ride as a kid

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see another friend blogging. Keep it up. Check out my blog too: johnmhogan3.blogspot.com

    Great content, btw. Maybe consider changing your font... it is kind of hard to read the current one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. changed :) thanks for the great advice! Glad someone is reading it :) Time to follow yours too!

    ReplyDelete